Defined by its notably sleek form factor, the Canon EOS 250D is a versatile DSLR offering an ideal mix of stills and video capabilities. Featuring a 24.1MP APS-C-format CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 image processor, high-resolution stills and UHD 4K video recording are possible, along with a wide ISO 100-25600 sensitivity range to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions. In-camera 4K time-lapse movie creation is also possible for creatively depicting subjects over time. Benefitting the imaging attributes, the sensor’s design also facilitates Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which uses phase-detection autofocus for quick, accurate, and smooth focusing performance when recording movies or shooting stills in live view. When shooting stills using the optical viewfinder, a 9-point phase-detection system is used for quick and accurate focusing in a variety of shooting scenarios.
Within the compact body design, a large 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD is featured for intuitive settings control and live view monitoring, and it uses a vari-angle design to permit easier viewing from high and low working angles. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi is available for quick and convenient pairing with a smartphone or tablet for wireless image sharing, and Bluetooth is also featured for image sharing to and remote camera control from a mobile device.
- 24.1MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- Both a 24.1MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 image processor are used to deliver high sensitivity and fast camera performance to suit both stills and video applications. A flexible native ISO 100-25600 range suits working in a variety of lighting conditions, and the processing capabilities minimize noise for notable clarity. The processor also enables UHD 4K video recording along with a 4K time-lapse movie mode.
- 9-Point Phase-Detection AF and Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Benefitting stills shooting with the optical viewfinder, a 9-point phase-detection autofocus system provides quick and precise focusing in difficult lighting conditions.
When recording video or shooting in live view, a Dual Pixel CMOS AF system is employed that offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system’s ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
- Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- Large 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a vari-angle design to better enable working from high and low angles.
- Optical pentamirror viewfinder serves a clear means for eye-level shooting.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
- EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens
- Included with the camera body is the EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM lens, which provides a 28.8-88mm equivalent focal length range that covers a variety of perspectives from wide-angle to portrait-length. Its design integrates an STM focusing mechanism that provides near-silent focusing abilities with smooth and precise control. Additionally, the Optical Image Stabilizer system helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps in order to benefit working in low-light conditions and with greater zoom magnifications.