The Canon EOS R8, the company’s latest full frame mirrorless camera, is likely on the way soon, and while we have not learned much about the camera yet, a set of rumored specs have emerged. Take a look at what you can expect.
Digicame.info is reporting a new set of specifications for the rumored upcoming Canon EOS R8 mirrorless camera. They include:
- 24-megapixel full frame CMOS sensor
- DIGIC X processor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF II with subject detection of various vehicles and animals
- Continuosu burst rate of up to 40 frames per second
- 4K 60p with 6K oversampling for improved image quality
- No in-body image stabilization
- 3.5mm microphone jack
- Streaming via USB-C
- New form factor
- New vari-angle rear screen
- Weight: 461 g
The EOS R8 will probably be priced at $1,499 for the body only or $1,699 when paired with the RF 24-50mm f/4.5-6.3, which likely positions it as a replacement for the EOS RP. It is worth noting that the rumored weight of the EOS R8 is in line with that of the EOS RP, which, coupled with the presence of C-Log3, may be indicative that the camera might not come with a viewfinder. Hopefully, we will hear more soon!