Comprising the key items you need for dynamic off-camera lighting, the Hahnel Modus 600RT Speedlight Pro Kit For Nikon pairs two 600RT flashes with a wireless transmitter compatible with their 2.4 GHz radio system. The Viper transmitter retains full TTL metering with Nikon cameras for easy exposure, but also allows you to manually control output levels of up to three groups of lights. Trigger distances of up to 328′ are possible, making for an uncomplicated workflow whether you are shooting in the studio or on location.
A fully-featured unit powered by a lithium-ion battery, the Modus 600RT is a capable speedlight offering both i-TTL metering for Nikon cameras as well as a manual exposure mode. It boasts a powerful guide number of 197′ at ISO 100 and 200mm and can be set from full power to 1/128 power for an 8-stop exposure range. However, it does not compromise on speed, with blazing fast recycle times of 1.5 seconds or lower.
The Modus 600RT’s zoom head can be adjusted to suit focal lengths from 20 to 200mm, with a wide panel expanding that to 14mm and a second panel also available for bouncing. Complementing this is the flash’s ability to tilt from -7 to 90° and rotate 360°, which combined allow you to aim the light nearly anywhere. A high-speed sync mode is available for use with shutter speeds as fast as 1/8000 second, and regular front- and rear-curtain sync can also be selected. Finally, the unit’s 2000mAh battery can last for up to 500 full-power pops before needing to be recharged.
- Modus 600RT Flashes
- Dot-matrix LCD with five modes for cycling through settings, adjustments made via eight buttons and center dial
- Output varies from 1/1 to 1/128, with exposure compensation available from -3 to +3 in 1/3 EV steps
- Lasts for approximately 500 flashes at full power and 1000 flashes at 1/2 power
- Programmable stroboscopic mode that fires up to 100 times depending on frequency and power settings
- Rated color temperature of 5600K, can be mixed with other daylight-balanced sources with minimal color cast
- Works as an optical slave up to 50′ away for synced firing with a third-party master flash
- 2.5mm jack for wired communication with other equipment
- Micro-USB slot allows you to connect the flash to a computer for firmware upgrade
- AF assist beam automatically activates in low-light situations
- Mini stand and protective case included
- Viper TTL Transmitter
- Triggers hahnel flashes with built-in wireless system, or other speedlights via optional Viper receiver
- Backlit LCD display with four top buttons and rotating dial
- 2.4 GHz radio frequency for working at distances of up to 328′
- Controls output levels for up to three groups of flashes
- 2.5mm jack and mini-USB slot for wired communication with other equipment
- Runs on two user-supplied AA batteries