Canon R50 Overview
Bringing together the mobile versatility of the Canon EOS R50 Content Creator Kit, mirrorless camera with a lens, shotgun microphone, and tripod grip, the Canon EOS R50 Content Creator Kit from Canon is a starter’s bundle tailored for vloggers, videographers, and visionaries who are keen to record their world in high-quality detail.
The heart of this kit is the Canon EOS R50 camera, offering an inviting blend of simplicity and performance in a compact, lightweight body that makes on-the-go content creation an intuitive process. The compact and retractable RF-S 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM won’t monopolize your camera bag, leaving room for the Tripod Grip HG-100BTR, which provides stability and clarity for both photos and videos, and the Stereo Microphone DM-E100, a shoe-mounted directional microphone that provides detailed audio for your podcasts, vlogs, and other videos.
Canon EOS R50 Mirrorless Camera (Black)
A compact and lightweight camera, the Canon EOS R50 Content Creator Kit is a highly versatile mirrorless camera with a sophisticated photo and video feature set. Geared towards content creators and vloggers, this camera is slightly smaller and lighter than the EOS M50 Mark II and features an upgraded 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC X image processor to deliver high-resolution stills and UHD 4K videos.
24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC X Processing
Enhanced Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
2.36m-Dot EVF and Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
Advanced A+ Assist
Simple and Convenient Vlogging
Movie for Close-Up Demos Mode
Vertical Movie Mode and Aspect Markers
- Wired and wireless connectivity options allow for multiple methods of transferring photos and videos, livestreaming, as well as for remotely controlling the camera. Physically, the camera features a USB-C port, a micro-HDMI port, and a microphone port for video recording.
- UVC/UAC compatibility allows the Canon EOS R50 Content Creator Kit camera to be used as a web camera to stream live video in Full HD without additional computer software. Compatible applications include Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, and similar on-line web conferencing software.
- Built-in Bluetooth pairing lets you easily connect the camera to compatible smart devices using the free Canon Camera Connect app. This low-energy wireless connection helps preserve battery life, while providing remote control of the camera. It also sends continuously updated GPS location data from your phone, letting you geotag what you’ve captured so you know precisely where you captured the photo.
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables quick and seamless wireless functions, such as remote live view, file viewing, and transfer. Using the Canon Camera Connect app, you can also transfer files to your mobile device to browse and share on social media.
- Built-in USB-C allows you to connect the camera to a smartphone or computer. All Canon Camera Connect app features that can be used with Wi-Fi are now available when the camera and smartphone are connected via USB, using a compatible cable for your device.