Leica 10×50 Ultravid HD Plus Binoculars
Building on the success of the original Ultravid HD, the Leica 10×50 Ultravid HD-Plus Binocular adds improved technologies and materials to create an optic with bright and clear images across the entire field of view. The full-size Leica 10×50 Ultravid HD Plus delivers enhanced contrast and true color fidelity, with virtually zero distortion, even in low-light conditions.
Helping to compensate for the visually distracting hand shake common with using 10x and greater optics, is a wide 67° apparent viewing angle. This allows the use of high-magnification binoculars without the need for stabilization equipment like harnesses or tripods, although high-powered binoculars could always benefit from these devices.
Leica uses specially formulated SCHOTT HT extra-low dispersion (ED) glass in the Leica 10×50 Ultravid HD Plus, which increases light transmission especially in the blue-violet light band, improves color fidelity, and enhances low-light performance. Scratch- and abrasion-resistant High Durable Coating (HDC) and hydrophobic AquaDura coating on the outer lenses protect surfaces and cause water and oil to bead off for easier cleaning and clearer vision. The Leica 10×50 Ultravid HD Plus roof prisms feature P40 phase correction and proprietary High Lux System (HLS) coatings. These coatings virtually eliminate chromatic aberration for enhanced color rendition and increased contrast and overall image sharpness.
Complementing the Leica 10×50 Ultravid HD Plus’s optical performance are uncompromising construction details. To reduce user fatigue during long glassing sessions, the chassis is made of a lightweight yet durable magnesium alloy, with a wear-resistant titanium center hinge axle. The optical tubes are nitrogen filled for fogproof performance and sealed to make the binocular submersible to 16.4′ or 0.5 bar of pressure.
Ergonomic thumb indents on the bottom of the Leica 10×50 Ultravid HD Plus coupled with protective rubber armoring provide a comfortable slip-resistant grip. A lubrication-free focus system provides fast and precise focusing, with PETP-Discs to provide smooth movement throughout the broad operating temperature range.
- 10x magnification
- 50mm objective lenses
- Roof prism optical path
- SCHOTT HT extra-low dispersion glass increases light transmission, especially in blue-violet band, improves color fidelity, and enhances low-light performance
- P40 phase-correcting and proprietary High Lux System (HLS) prism coatings reduce internal light scatter for sharper images with improved contrast
- High-temperature plasma lens coating depositing system for precise optical coating placement
- Scratch- and abrasion-resistant High Durable Coating (HDC) and hydrophobic AquaDura coating on outer lenses protect surfaces and cause water and oil to bead off lenses for easier cleaning and clearer vision in bad weather
- 352.4′ field of view at 1000 yards
- Wide 67° apparent angle of view
- Long 15mm eye relief
- Comfortable 5.0mm exit pupil
Use and Handling
- Lubricant-free center focus system with PETP-Discs provides smooth movement throughout the operating temperature range
- 58-74mm interpupillary adjustment range
- ±4 right-eye dioptric correction with locking center diopter adjustment wheel
- Twist-out two-stage click-stop eyecups
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter
- Light and durable magnesium chassis
- Titanium center hinge axle
- Slip-resistant protective rubber-armored body
- Nitrogen filled, fogproof and watertight to 16.5′ (5m)
- Flip-down tethered objective lens caps
- Broad -13 to 131°F (-25 to 55°C) operating temperature
- Ergonomic thumb rests for added comfort and a better grip