Manfrotto Element MII Overview
Designed for travelling photographers needing a reliable option that is still easy to carry, the Element MII Carbon Fiber Mobile Traveler Tripod from Manfrotto is capable of holding professional camera gear weighing up to 8 kg. It pairs lightweight carbon fiber legs with a telescopic center column and an aluminum ball head, resulting in a capable yet compact package with a weight of 1.4 kg and a folded length of 43cm. An independent pan lock is offered for easy movement along a single axis and a friction control knob is also available for making precise adjustments.
A universal smartphone clamp for attaching a smartphone to the camera mount plate is included as well. Silicone rubber pads provide a secure grip, and the clamp is compatible with phones up to 3.2″ wide. A Bluetooth remote control for smartphones is also provided, and this handy device is rated to let you take photos up to 90′ away. No app is required, and a single button lets you work with Apple and Android phones.
When fully extended, the Element MII can reach a notable maximum height of 1.6m, while also going as low as 43cm for dramatic low angle shots. Twist locks are deployed between each of the five leg sections, which makes the tripod easy to set up and tear down and is very useful for on location shooting. Furthermore, each leg can be adjusted between three different angles, so you can regulate the stability of your support to fit your needs.
- Tripod designed for travelling, with 5-section carbon fiber legs and aluminum ball head
- Holds equipment as heavy as 8 kg while weighing only 1.4 kg, keeping the system portable
- Maximum height of 1.6m with column extended, going as low as 43cm and with a folded length of 43cm
- Universal smartphone clamp for attaching a smartphone up to 3.2″ wide.
- Bluetooth remote control for smartphones
- Telescopic center column to make small height adjustments easier
- Friction control knob helps regulate the tension of the head for precise panning or framing
- Independent pan lock allows you to restrict movement on that axis for more precise framing
- Twist locks employed between each leg section for easy and intuitive operation
- Independent leg angle adjustment, with three different angle options available