Nikon 10×42 ProStaff 3S Binocular
Lead- and Arsenic-Free Eco-Glass
Silver-Coated Roof Prisms
Wide 63° Apparent Angle of View
With a powerful magnification and a relatively compact design, Nikon 10×42 ProStaff 3S Binocular gives users the ability to discern details at distance without weighing them down.
This binocular features silver-alloy-coated roof prisms and anti-reflection multi-coated optics that produce bright and clear high-contrast images with true color rendition across the spacious and wide field of view. The 42mm objectives boost its light-gathering ability to improve views in challenging light such as at dawn and dusk or in foggy and cloudy weather without the bulk and weight of larger-objective models. Its wide apparent angle of view helps to mitigate the appearance of visible hand shake that is often associated with holding powerful optics such as this and minimizes movement of the horizon line on rough or rolling seas to limit disorientation when using it on a boat. The combination of prisms, optical coatings, wide field of view, and comfortable eye relief allow users to enjoy a comfortable and immersive observational experience in most lighting conditions.
Complementing the optical performance are construction details that make this binocular durable and comfortable to use. It has a lightweight and corrosion-resistant reinforced polycarbonate resin chassis, and is protected by black rubberized armor that is accented with textured palm pads to give it a secure non-slip grip. The optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and submersible, as well as resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature variations and environmental conditions. A tethered one-piece ocular rainguard covers the eyecups as the binocular hangs around the neck and prevents rain and spraying water from filling them, and the objective lens caps can clip onto the neck strap to keep them safe from blowing overboard or being lost on the forest floor.
Whether you’re hunting or birding, boating or watching your favorite team, this ProStaff will quickly become indispensable for all your outdoor activities.
- Optical Performance
- High 10x magnification brings distant objects in close for detailed observations
- 42mm objective lenses improve light-gathering ability without adding excessive bulk or weight
- Roof prism light path ensures optical tubes remain thin for a compact form factor
- Anti-reflection multi-coated optics maximize light transmission across the entire visible spectrum for accurate color rendition and improved contrast and clarity
- High-reflectivity silver-alloy prism coatings reduce internal diffraction to further improve light transmission and contrast
- Wide 63° apparent angle of view helps to minimize the appearance of visible hand shake that is common when holding high-power optics such as this
- 367′ field of view at 1000 yards
- Use and Handling
- Closed-bridge configuration provides a solid and stable platform for the internal focusing mechanism
- Large slip center focus wheel allows for precise focus control, even while wearing gloves
- Right eye dioptric adjustment collar helps to compensate for individual eye prescription
- Twist-up/click-stop rubber eyecups for use with or without eyewear
- 15.7mm eye relief helps to reduce eyestrain and improves viewing comfort
- Comfortable 4.2mm exit pupil will cover most pupils as they open and dilate in low light to keep the full scene in view
- Construction Details
- Environmentally friendly Eco-Glass is made without lead or arsenic
- Lightweight and durable fiberglass-reinforced polycarbonate chassis
- Chassis material is temperature resistant, preventing the expansion and contraction that is common with metal, which can cause the optical components to move out of alignment over time and prevent sharp focus
- Textured protective rubber armoring provides a slip-resistant grip, especially in cold and wet weather
- Textured, ergonomically placed palm pads improve grip stability and comfort
- Nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and submersible to a depth of 3.3′ (1m) for up to 10 minutes and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes and environmental conditions
- One-piece tethered ocular rainguard protects eyecups from water pooling in them from rain or spraying water when hanging from the neck
- Objective lens caps can be clipped to neck strap to avoid losing them during observation sessions
- Weight: 20 ounces