Nikon AF-S 20mm f/1.8G ED
Maximum Aperture: f/1.8
Two Aspherical and Two ED Elements
Nano Crystal Coating
Rear Focusing System
Internal Focus, Silent Wave Motor
Soft Pouch, Lens Hood Included
A smart ultra-wide, the AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED from Nikon blends a desirable broad field of view with a sleek form factor, a bright design, and a sophisticated optical layout. The fast f/1.8 maximum aperture excels in difficult lighting conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field. The optical design incorporates both aspherical and extra-low dispersion element to minimize spherical and chromatic aberrations for greater sharpness and clarity. Also, both Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings have been applied to reduce flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy. Balancing the optical attributes, the lens is also characterized by a Silent Wave Motor that produces fast, smooth, and quiet autofocus capabilities, along with the ability to manually override focus at any time for more selective control.
- Ultra wide-angle prime is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 30mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions.
- Two extra-low dispersion glass elements are used in the optical construction to reduce a variety of chromatic aberrations and color fringing for a high degree of clarity and color neutrality.
- Two aspherical elements are featured to control spherical aberrations and distortion in order to produce notable sharpness and resolution.
- Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. A rear focusing design is also used, where only the rear lens group is moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.