Nikon AF-S 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR (Pre-owned)
2.6 m Minimum Focus
2 Fluorite Elements
Nikon AF-S 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR
A The Nikon AF-S 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR Silent Wave Motor AF system produces fast, near-silent focusing performance that suits both stills shooting and movie recording which can instantly be manually overridden by simply turning the manual focus ring. Further contributing to photographing in fast-paced situations and difficult lighting, VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps. Additionally, an electromagnetic aperture mechanism is integrated into the lens design to provide greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with faster continuous shooting rates.
- Fast f/2.8 maximum aperture is well-suited to working in difficult lighting conditions and also lends itself to precise focus control for shallow depth of field imagery.
- Two fluorite and two ED lens elements work to reduce chromatic aberrations; improve overall image sharpness, clarity, and color fidelity; and help to minimize the overall weight of the lens.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake for up to four shutter speed stops, benefitting this lens‘ use in low-light conditions. Additionally, a designated Sports and Action VR mode is well-suited to working in fast-paced conditions.
- Silent Wave Motor autofocus mechanism provides quick, quiet and precise autofocus performance.
- Full-time manual focus override allows instant switching between AF and MF focusing systems by just rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length during operation and contributes to a lighter overall weight, as well as a minimum focusing distance of 8.5′.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- A Nano Crystal Coat, along with a Super Integrated Coating, has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Fluorine-coated front meniscus glass element affords protection to the optical system.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant magnesium alloy lens barrel benefits the lens’ use in inclement conditions.
- When used with DX-sized sensors, the 35mm-equivalent focal length will be 600mm.
- A removable Monopod Collar is included with the lens for well-balanced support when working from a monopod or tripod.
- Nikon F Mount
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- VR Image Stabilization with Sport Mode
- Two Fluorite and Two ED Elements
- Silent Wave Motor and MF Override
- Nano Crystal Coat
- Fluorine-Coated Front Meniscus Element
- Weather-Resistant Magnesium Alloy Barrel
- Specialized Electromagnetic Diaphragm
- Removable Monopod Collar