Nikon D4 DSLR (Pre-owned)
Effective pixels – 16.2 million
Up to 10 fps (CL) or 10-11 fps (CH)
Can be selected from 51 or 11 focus points
The next-generation flagship digital SLR camera, the Nikon D4 DSLR is equipped with a new Nikon FX-format CMOS image sensor (36.0 × 23.9 mm) and EXPEED 3, the latest image-processing engine specifically optimized for digital SLR camera.
Designed with the ultimate in versatility and functionality that offers superior image quality rich in detail along with excellent high-speed performance. The Nikon D4 DSLR has an effective pixel count of 16.2-million pixels, and offers superior image quality under a broad range of lighting conditions with its image sensor supporting an incredible range of sensitivities from ISO 50 to ISO 204800.
– Further improved high-speed, multifunctional, high-performance image-processing engine EXPEED 3.
– 51-point AF system with enhanced performance in subject acquisition and focusing in low-light situations.
– Superior quick response with approx. 0.12 s* startup time and approx. 0.042 s* shutter-release time lag.
– Dual card slots for CF card compatible with UDMA 7 and the next-generation recording media, the XQD memory card.
– High-speed continuous shooting at approx. 11 fps* in FX format (without AE/AF) and approx. 10 fps* (with AE/AF).
– New Wireless Transmitter WT-5A/B/C/D that realizes high-speed workflow.
– HDR (High Dynamic Range) that combines images to produce a single image with a wider dynamic range.
– White balance that enables finer setting in 10-kelvin steps.
– High-performance, glass pentaprism viewfinder with approx. 100% frame coverage (FX format) and approx. 0.7x magnification.
– Approx. 921k-dot, wide-viewing angle, 8-cm (3.2-in.) LCD monitor with reinforced glass.
– “Sub-selector” for horizontal shooting and “Multi selector for vertical shooting” are newly employed for efficient operation.
– Button illumination that ensures better visibility of the operational system in dark situations.
– Virtual horizon that detects both “pitching” and “rolling” directions.
– Newly developed shutter unit tested for approx. 400,000 cycles; shutter speed up to 1/8,000 s and flash synchronization up to 1/250 s.
– Highly efficient energy-saving design that achieves approx. 2,600 shots (with EN-EL18, based on CIPA Standard*1) and approx. 5,500 shots (based on Nikon standard*2).
*1 Measured at 23°C/73.4°F (±2°C/3.6°F) with an AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED lens under the following test conditions: lens cycled from infinity to minimum range and one photograph taken at default settings once every 30 s. Live view not used.
*2 Measured at 20°C/68°F with an AF-S VR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED lens under the following test conditions: vibration reduction off, image quality set to JPEG normal, image size set to L (large), shutter speed 1/250 s, shutter-release button pressed halfway for three seconds and focus cycled from infinity to minimum range three times; six shots are then taken in succession and monitor turned on for five seconds and then turned off; cycle repeated once standby timer has expired.
NEWLY DEVELOPED NIKON FX-FORMAT CMOS SENSOR WITH 16.2 EFFECTIVE MEGAPIXELS [NEW]
The D4 employs a newly developed Nikon FX-format CMOS sensor (36.0 x 23.9 mm) with 16.2 effective megapixels. The ISO sensitivity range is from 100 to 12800 at normal setting, expandable to ISO 50 equivalent or ISO 204800 equivalent.
ADVANCED SCENE RECOGNITION SYSTEM WITH ENHANCED ACCURACY REALIZED BY 91K-PIXEL RGB SENSOR [NEW]
Advanced Scene Recognition System realizes face detection during optical viewfinder shooting. It achieves highly accurate control of auto functions such as AF, AE and auto white balance utilizing face detection information and detailed scene analysis information. Furthermore, it contributes to the performance of 3D-tracking with finer subject acquisition.
MULTI-AREA MODE FULL HD D-MOVIE THAT ENABLES A VARIETY OF EXPRESSIONS IN THREE FORMATS [NEW]
It is possible to record 1,920 x 1,080/30p Full HD and HD movies in three formats that are FX-, DX-based and 1,920 x 1,080 crop movie format. You can select the format according to your creative intentions.