Samyang AF 14mm F2.8 FE Lens for Sony E
E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
Three Aspherical and Two ED Elements
Offering a super wide field of view along with an autofocus design, the Samyang AF 14mm f/2.8 FE is a prime wide-angle lens for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. Its relatively fast f/2.8 maximum aperture suits working in difficult lighting conditions, and its optical design incorporates three aspherical and two low dispersion elements to help reduce distortion and color fringing for improved clarity and sharpness. An Ultra Multi-Coating has also been applied, as well as an integrated lens hood, to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions. Additionally, the lens’ autofocus motor works in conjunction with Sony cameras’ AF systems for quick and precise focusing performance, and manual focus override is also available for more refined control.
- Super wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 21mm equivalent focal length.
- Three aspherical elements are incorporated in the optical design to control spherical aberrations for increased clarity and resolution from edge to edge.
- Two extra-low dispersion glass elements work to reduce chromatic aberrations; improve overall image sharpness, clarity, and color fidelity; and help to minimize the overall weight of the lens.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to individual elements in order to reduce flare and ghosting for increased contrast and a neutral color balance.
- The integrated autofocus motor works in conjunction with Sony cameras’ focusing systems for quick, accurate, and precise AF control. Manual focus override is also available for refining your focus position.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.