Sony E 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 OSS Lens
E-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
27-300mm (35mm Equivalent)
Aperture Range: f/3.5-6.3 to f/22-40
One ED Element; Four Aspherical Elements
Sony E 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 OSS
If you are looking for a single solution to cover all possible scenarios, the Sony E 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS Lens may be a great choice for you. Able to provide a wide-angle to super telephoto equivalent zoom range of 27-300mm, shooters will enjoy taking photos of subjects both near and far without needing to swap out lenses. The lens also features a variable f/3.5-6.3 aperture for keeping the lens relatively compact and incorporates one ED element as well as four aspherical elements to reduce aberrations.
Featuring built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, users can enjoy sharper images with reduced camera shake. There is an Active Mode as well, for capturing smooth videos. Other benefits of this lens include a zoom lock switch that prevents zoom creep when the lens is not in use and an internal focus design that helps improve AF performance. Additionally, a seven-blade circular diaphragm helps create smooth, rounded bokeh.
- Designed for APS-C-format E-mount cameras, this 18-200mm offers users a vast wide-angle to super telephoto range equivalent to 27-300mm.
- A variable f/3.5-6.3 maximum aperture helps keep the lens’ overall size and weight to a minimum.
- One extra-low dispersion glass element is featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Four aspherical elements are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can be combined with select camera’s sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur. This lens also offers an Active Mode which provides stabilization, even at the wide end, when shooting movies.
- A zoom lock switch prevents the lens barrel from accidentally extending when not in use.
- An internal focus mechanism contributes to faster, more responsive autofocus, the minimum focus distance of 11.8″, and easier handling as the lens does not change in length during use.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.