Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 DG HSM II Lens (For Canon) is designed for use with full-frame digital cameras, and offers a dramatically ultra-wide, minimally distorted zoom lens with a field of view from 122° to 84.1°. This range makes it ideal for the tightest of interiors, as well as for dramatic landscape photography. Using a camera with an APS-C sensor will give you an effective range of 17-35mm, also a very attractive wide-angle zoom range.
One Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass element and four “F” Low Dispersion (FLD) glass elements compensate for color aberration and deliver improved image quality. Three glass mold elements and one hybrid aspherical lens give you compact, lightweight construction (3.3″ diameter x 4.7″/23.6 oz) and improved performance.
Super Multi-Layer Coating on the lens reduces flare and ghosting, while the Inner Focusing system keeps the length of the lens unchanged when changing focus. The splash-proof design helps protect the 12-24mm lens from the elements. This versatile, sturdy lens will put drama into just about any subject you choose.
Equipped with HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) for quiet, high-speed focusing, it also offers Full Time Manual Focusing.
- Designed for use with full frame digital cameras. May also be used with smaller APS-C size sensors with a corresponding effective increase in focal length to about 17-35mm with most cameras
- One SLD and four FLD glass elements compensate for color aberration and provide high image quality
- Three glass mold elements and one hybrid aspherical lens give advanced performance and compact, lightweight construction
- Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting
- Superior peripheral brightness–provides sharp, high contrast images even at the maximum apertures
- HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) ensures a quiet and high-speed auto focus, with full-time manual focus override
- Minimum focusing distance of 11″ (28 cm) throughout the entire zoom range
- Splash-proof design for use in harsh conditions
- Maximum magnification ratio of 1:6.4
- A front cap adapter, front/rear lens cap and carrying case are included with the lens
- Uses rear-mount gelatin filters