Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Lens
Lightweight and exceptionally compact, the silver Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Lens is a suitable travel companion. Providing a 24mm equivalent focal length when mounted to your APS-C-format E-mount camera, this lens will allow photographers to capture wide landscapes and work in tight spaces with ease. It offers a fast maximum aperture of f/2.8 for operating in low-light conditions and it incorporates one aspherical element to combat various aberrations that may occur. Also, it has a fast and silent motor for autofocus in stills and video modes and features an internal focus design that ensures maximum performance. A seven-blade circular diaphragm is implemented as well for smooth bokeh. Additionally, it can accept optional ultra-wide and fisheye converters for getting 18mm and 15mm equivalent perspectives.
- With its pancake design, the lens only extends 0.9″ from the mount, resulting in a compact and lightweight camera system.
- Designed for use on APS-C format cameras, this 16mm lens will provide a wide-angle perspective with a 35mm equivalent focal length of 24mm.
- The fast f/2.8 maximum aperture permits operation in less-than-ideal lighting situations and allows photographers to capture images with shallow depth of field.
- One aspherical element is incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- The lens uses an internal focusing design that contributes to faster autofocus performance as well as a minimum focus distance of 9.4″.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- This lens is compatible with optical wide-angle and fisheye conversion lenses, which, when used, will convert this lens into an 18mm or 15mm lens, respectively.