The Celestron Astrofi 130 is a great starter telescope for those who are interested in exploring the night sky. It is a reflector telescope with a 130mm aperture, which is capable of gathering a significant amount of light and providing clear views of celestial objects. The Astrofi 130 comes with a fully automated GoTo mount, which means that it can locate and track celestial objects for you with ease.
One of the most appealing features of the Astrofi 130 is its wireless connectivity. You can control the telescope with your smartphone or tablet using the Celestron SkyPortal app, which is available for both iOS and Android devices. This makes it incredibly easy to navigate the night sky, even if you’re a beginner.
what eyepieces to consider for the celestron astrofi 130
The Celestron Astrofi 130 comes with two eyepieces included, a 25mm eyepiece and a 10mm eyepiece. However, if you’re looking to upgrade your viewing experience, here are some eyepieces to consider:
- Plossl Eyepieces: Plossl eyepieces are a popular choice for beginners and experienced observers alike. They have a simple design and provide good image quality, with a wide field of view and comfortable eye relief. A 6mm or 8mm Plossl eyepiece could be a good addition to your collection, allowing for higher magnification views of planets and other celestial objects.
- Barlow lens: A Barlow lens is an accessory that can increase the magnification of your telescope. A 2x Barlow lens can effectively double the magnification of any eyepiece, giving you more flexibility with the eyepieces you already have. This can be particularly helpful when observing planets or other objects that require higher magnification.
- Wide-field eyepieces: If you’re interested in observing deep-sky objects such as galaxies and nebulae, a wide-field eyepiece can be helpful. These eyepieces have a wider field of view than Plossl eyepieces, allowing you to see more of the sky at once. A 32mm or 40mm wide-field eyepiece can be a good choice for this purpose.
- Zoom eyepieces: Zoom eyepieces allow you to adjust the magnification by turning a ring on the eyepiece. This can be helpful when you’re not sure what magnification to use or when you want to quickly adjust the magnification while observing. A 7-21mm or 8-24mm zoom eyepiece can be a good choice for the Astrofi 130.
Remember, the choice of eyepieces will depend on your observing preferences and the objects you want to view. Consider trying out different types of eyepieces to find the ones that work best for you.
The Celestron Astrofi 130 comes with two eyepieces, a 25mm and a 10mm, but there are several eyepieces you could consider for an improved viewing experience. Plossl eyepieces provide good image quality and a wide field of view, while a Barlow lens can increase magnification. Wide-field eyepieces are useful for observing deep-sky objects, while zoom eyepieces allow you to adjust the magnification. The best eyepieces for you will depend on your observing preferences and the objects you want to view.
Overall, the Celestron Astrofi 130 is a good telescope for beginners or those looking for a portable and easy-to-use telescope for casual observing. Its features such as aperture, GoTo mount, wireless connectivity, portability, and included accessories make it a reliable and versatile option for observing the night sky.
The Celestron Astrofi 130 is a telescope that is good for beginners or those looking for a portable and easy-to-use telescope for casual observing. Its features include:
- A 130mm aperture, which allows for a significant amount of light-gathering and makes it suitable for observing a variety of celestial objects such as the Moon, planets, stars, and even some deep-sky objects like galaxies and nebulae.
- A fully automated GoTo mount that allows the telescope to locate and track celestial objects with ease.
- Built-in WiFi and compatibility with the Celestron SkyPortal app, which makes it easy to navigate the night sky and control the telescope using a smartphone or tablet.
- Portability, as it is lightweight and easy to transport.
- Included accessories such as two eyepieces (25mm and 10mm) and a 2x Barlow lens, which provide a good starting point for observing and can be upgraded as you gain more experience.
Overall, the Celestron Astrofi 130 is a versatile and reliable telescope that can provide an enjoyable and rewarding observing experience for beginners and experienced observers alike.